Are you a lover of candles? Incense or oil burners?
I can remember back to my 16 year old self these were all features of my bedroom. Thinking back now I was obviously drawn to something about the aroma. Whilst I continued my love of aroma over the years with perfume and incense, something shifted when I reached my 30's and I become aware of essential oils. Now by essential oils I am talking about the pure 100% nothing else going on in there real deal essential oils, WOW my mind was about the be blown!
I was just looking for a pure peppermint essential oil to put in my bliss balls, but little did I know that a great big world of essential oils was about to open up before me. Once I got my oils, after popping the peppermint in my bliss balls, one of the ways I was most excited to use them was aromatically in a diffuser!
You can use dōTERRA essential oils three ways.
1. Aromatically - diffusing, smelling from the bottle, spray or rollerball
2. Topically - on the skin (always dilute)
3. Internal - dōTERRA oils can be used as flavouring in Australia
I had gotten out of the habit of using candles and incense, especially since having kids, diffusing offered such an incredible alternative. The diffusers I use all have a night light and switch off automatically. They also let out a dry light mist as opposed to a wet hot mist which is very convenient!
So why diffuse essential oils?
Our sense of smell is one of our most powerful senses. Seriously, ever noticed how you can feel good around certain aromas, and others can turn us right off? Yup - you know what I'm talking about!
By diffusing essential oils into the air we breathe, we can influence the feeling of our environment and even our emotions too! I love sneaking in some calming oils into our diffusers when the energy of my kids is running high.
Some other reasons you might be interested to diffuse essential oils are as follows:
3. Sleep support - Many essential oils are great to promote a sense of calm and relaxation. In my research I've also discovered many have natural sedative properties too! They can be a great support creating an aromatic anchor for the body and mind for sleep. Some of my favourite oils for sleep support are Lavender, Frankinsence, Cedarwood, Marjoram, Vetiver, Roman Chamomile and Lavender Peace.
4. For fun - Yup, it's simple, it's easy, I love to diffuse essential oils JUST for fun! Call me crazy but hey, it's important to have something just for you and my oils are just that! I love to choose my daily diffuser blend and have so much fun smelling the oils from my box and picking out combos to use to match the seasons, how I'm feeling or how I want to feel.
So, what do you think? Do you diffuse essential oils yet? What's your top reason for diffusing?
If you're not currently using and diffusing essential oils and would like to learn more feel free to comment below or get in touch for further information.
Like this blog post? Check out another of our blog posts Non-toxic Deodorants with Essential Oils